No curve was too sharp for them and their bicycle. No puddle was deep enough to stop them. -- Friends by Helme Hein

19 July, 2009

Rainbow!

I was quietly enjoying my matcha bon-bons tonight,
spinning a little Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Time on the record player while lamenting the fact that I missed Simon & Garfunkel in concert in Tokyo this week (you can take the girl out of Oregon but...)
http://www.jezebelmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/simonandgarfunkel_parsley-sage-rosemary-thyme-300x300.jpg
when the light changed dramatically outside and I was compelled to go out on the balcony...
and I found the most radiant sight I've ever seen in this gray, gray city...
a rainbow! a full, arching, brilliant rainbow!
can you believe that color?
a slight hint of a double rainbow above the apartment
Tokyo isn't known for it's nature-scapes, but this was the most beautiful natural wonder I've seen in a long time. Yay for summer!

No comments: